Powder Coating in Sheet Metal ProcessingDecember 11, 2017
No matter what industry you work in, if your goal is to create a long-lasting and durable product then you've likely begun to consider the power of powder coating. At G.P. Industries Pty Ltd, we believe in the power of industrial strength powder coating equipment. Powder coating brings a litany of advantages to your end product, almost irrespective of the material that your product utilises. Today, we are going to be discussing the impact of powder coating when applied to sheet metal processing.
Sheet Metal Processing
Sheet metal is a common material used in a variety of different industries. From the automobile industry to the professional kitchen at your favourite restaurant, sheet metal can be indispensable. The sheet metal fabrication process is one that looks relatively simple from the head on, but can actually be more difficult once you get involved. Sheet metal processing involves cutting the sheet into the right size, bending or forming it into the proper shape, before joining the parts together and finishing off the material with the proper treatment. Today, we are going to be talking about the impact that powder coating can have on your sheet metal process as a finishing material.
Impact of Powder Coating
Now that we know the general path that sheet metal processing will take we can shift our attention to the focus of today's discussion: powder coating. Powder coating is one of the most popular finishes around the world and that holds true regardless of the industry that you are discussing. Powder coating isn't a common phrase so let's dig in and figure out what it is and how it helps your sheet metal.
Powder coating is an organic, high-grade finish that was first invented back in the 1950s. the goal of powder coating is to offer you a high-quality finish that encourages a range of benefits while slimming down on certain negatives, such as pollution. Let's look at a few of these benefits specifically.
- Operational Cost - With powder coating you are getting a one-and-done coating which covers a larger area with a smaller amount of material. This reduces your energy imprint, your waste production, and your disposal costs.
- Aesthetic Appeal - With powder coating, you have a range of different colours and finishes to choose from. Your product should stand alone while also standing proud.
- Durability - Finally, powder coating is an incredibly durable form of finishing. Thicker than paint, powder coated products can bend as well as yield to scarring and vibration. You will also find that this material is resistant to scratches and scuffing.
GP Industries Pty Ltd
1 Regal Court,
Vermont South VIC 3133
Phone: (03) 9802 1355
Fax: (03) 9802 6027
20 Burgess Road,
Bayswater North VIC 3153
Phone: (03) 9761 7676
Fax: (03) 9761 7671
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Powder Coating in Sheet Metal Processing
- Powder Coating for Automotive for Best Finished Results
- Is Powder Coating Better than Spray Paint?
- Differences between Metal Plating and Powder Coating
- Sustainable Powder Coating
- Why Do You Need to Use High Temperature Masking Tapes When Powder Coating?
- Benefits of the Powder Recovery System
- Why You MUST Remove Moisture before Powder Coating
- Electrocoat and Chemical Dipping Plants
- Things to Look for When Buying Powder Coating Ovens
- Process of Metal Pretreatment in Powder Coating
- How to Judge a Perfect Powder Finish: What Should You Look For?
- Dust Collectors and Cyclones in Relation to Powder Coating
- Functions of Overhead Conveyors in Powder Coating Equipment
- Keeping Corrosion Off Your Equipment: How Powder Coating Helps
- The Role of Hot Ovens in the Powder Coating Process
- Potential Cure Cycle Problem Areas in Powder Coating
- Causes of Peeling and Pinholes in Powder Coating
- Common Powder Coating Gun Problems and Solutions
- Is It Possible to Apply Powder Coating Over Wet Paint?
- What are the Differences between Electro Coating and Powder Coating?
- Reliable Powder Coating Equipment Manufacturer and Supplier in Melbourne
- Powdercoating Failures: What Causes Air Bubbles, Cracks and Peeling?
- Is It Possible to Powder Coat Chrome Materials?
- Pre-Treatment Process of Materials before Powder Coating
- View all articles…