What are the Benefits of Custom Powder Coating?March 15, 2016
A handful of factors dominates the powder coating industry. We speak of the strength of the process, the ability to form an unbreakable barrier around a component, say an engine part. We follow this major benefit with corrosion-resistant characteristics and the fact that this is a dry process, so the environment is saved from the dripping of wet chemicals. What hasn't received attention is how custom powder coating is revolutionising specialty areas of the industry. Customers have limitless designer options when adding the finish. Colours are the first choice, obviously, but pigmentation changes are supported by the addition of numerous finishes.
A Finish that Looks Amazing
The coatings are changed in the powder stage by incorporating additives into the mix. It's the additives that create an individualised form, one that shows off enhanced reflectivity or a chrome-like lustre. Alternatively, the reflection component in the mix can be tuned to exhibit a matte finish or a hammered texture. Decorative and appealing, the durable coating is still every bit as hard as the non-textured variant, but delicate looks are enhanced by a chip-resistant feature that just wouldn't be possible in a comparable off-the-shelf spray paint.
Introducing New Custom Powder Coating Options
The application of the finish on any particular component is an exercise in electrostatic wizardry, with a finishing move that incorporated oven hardening. Conversely, the formulations that shape the tiny pigmentation capsules have more in common with chemistry than anything else. Additives rule in this powdery domain, and new additives are really offering some compelling reasons to switch over to this specialised finishing technique. For example, a typical custom finish changes the hue of the product, alters reflectance and reflectivity, and it even changes the feel of the dry coating, but there's more. New antimicrobial coatings incorporate special compounds that weaken microbial growths, meaning this particular finish would be ideal for catering appliances and hospital fixtures, places where such growths can and do cause harm.
Other additives also change the chemical makeup of the finish but do so in a more conventional manner. UV protection can be enhanced. The formula can also be applied for other purposes. A thicker application, for instance, is a smart addition for those who live close to the ocean. Salt air corrodes, but an extra dose of weatherproofing defeats the corrosive atmosphere, making this particular custom powder coating variant a sensible match for maritime applications. Robust and impenetrable, each tailored finish thus ideally suits its application.
GP Industries Pty Ltd
1 Regal Court,
Vermont South VIC 3133
Phone: (03) 9802 1355
Fax: (03) 9802 6027
20 Burgess Road,
Bayswater North VIC 3153
Phone: (03) 9761 7676
Fax: (03) 9761 7671
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Powder Coating in Sheet Metal Processing
- Powder Coating for Automotive for Best Finished Results
- View all articles…
- Is It Possible to Powder Coat Chrome Materials?
- Pre-Treatment Process of Materials before Powder Coating
- How Are Powder Coatings Manufactured?
- Determining Powder Coating Thickness and Tolerance
- The Importance of Good Contamination Control in Powder Coating Facilities
- Aluminium Extrusion Powder Coating Process
- What You Need To Know About Industrial Gas Convection and Infra-Red Ovens
- Powder Coating Equipment Basic Maintenance Guide
- Safety and Environmental Advantages of Powder Coating versus Wet Paint
- The Importance of Design Precision and Quality in Powder Coating Equipment Manufacturing
- How Can Powder Coating Benefit Consumers and Businesses?
- Types of Powder Coat and Its Components
- Significance of Temperature Settings in Powder Coating Ovens
- The Importance of Monitoring Compressed Air Quality in Powder Coating
- A Buyer's Guide for Powder Coating Equipment
- Common Causes and Prevention of Paint Failure in Powder Coating
- Basic Guide to Powder Coating Ovens
- Powder Coating: The Importance of Contamination Control and Humidification
- Powder Coating Equipment: Best Results without the Need for Liquid Paints
- What are the Benefits of Custom Powder Coating?
- Powder Coating Equipment Manufacturer in Victoria: Quality Engineering Design at Its Best
- What is Turn-Key Powder Coating System?
- Tips in Choosing the Right Powder Coating Equipment Manufacturer for Your Business
- Choosing the Right Powder Coating Gun System for Accuracy and Quality