A Buyer’s Guide for Powder Coating EquipmentMay 31, 2016
If a fledgling powder coating operation is to really make a name for itself, then that business needs to sidestep hobbyist gear and equip a suitable workshop environment with the best powder coating equipment the industry has to offer. Of course, project capacity and tool features are a subjective matter, with some successful ventures running profitable powder coating services out of cubicle-sized spaces, but quality is one factor that can't be compromised.
Avoid the Booth Configuring Blues
A rank amateur uses his garage, a space that lacks basic amenities, but the prudent business owner rents or purchases a property that's zoned for industrial usage. Large roller doors and a fully-equipped preparation station are next on the agenda, which means the floor space requires a production line, a transportation mechanism that adopts an overhead or free-standing configuration. Additionally, the booth at the heart of the process must be built from robust materials and fitted with supplementary system parts, which means bright lights, exhaust systems, and intuitively placed control panels are a key part of the setup.
Using Branded Equipment
There's a maxim that states a process is only as good as its weakest part. Well, powder coating equipment can't afford a weak component. If a top-notch powder is to become a durable finish, then rugged spray guns must partner with top-notch electrostatic power supplies. An example of a buyer's guide caveat at this point would be to check out corona discharge systems, electrostatic gear that regulates output and guarantees a uniformly applied negative charge, one that exceeds twenty kilovolts. Positive charge variants are also available, but a negative charge produces more atmospheric ionization while minimizing electrical arcs. Meanwhile, weighted spray guns with adjustable nozzles enhance powder distribution.
Proprietary Oven Technology
We shouldn't have to say this but we're going to anyway. Powder coated components cannot be finished in a domestic oven. Special curing stations bake the powder, liquefying the pigment-laden particles until they flow. Capable of applying 450°C (230°C) of sustained heat, digital circuitry carefully distributes that heat. They incorporate heating elements and infrared lamps, although direct line-of-sight is required when using infrared radiance.
After evaluating the critical stages, the details require attention. The booth and ovens, for example, need to seamlessly escort the production line from one process segment to the next, so assess them for overhead or ground-based rail transit systems. And, finally, size the powder coating equipment to match the parts entering the finishing process, but leave a little extra if business expansion is the next goal.
GP Industries Pty Ltd
1 Regal Court,
Vermont South VIC 3133
Phone: (03) 9802 1355
Fax: (03) 9802 6027
20 Burgess Road,
Bayswater North VIC 3153
Phone: (03) 9761 7676
Fax: (03) 9761 7671
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- How the Right Powder Coating Equipment and Powder Coating Application Can Help Avert Corrosion and Rust
- The Benefits of Powder Coating in Metal Fabrication
- How Magnetic Induction Method Measure Powder Coating Thickness
- Overcoming the Faraday Cage Effect in Powder Coating Application
- The Significance of Particle Size in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- The Differences Between Powder Coating and Electroplating
- Powder Coat Adhesion Testing Process
- Why Is Powder Coating a Sustainable Option?
- Common Reasons for Chipped Powder Coating
- Electrostatic, Low Grade Ion, and Tribo: Charging Processes Used in Powder Coating
- What are the Causes of Outgassing in Powder Coating?
- Powder Coating Contamination and Its Effects on Product Quality
- Understanding the Causes of Craters in Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Booth Temperature: A Factor in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- Powder Coating: A Phosphate Pre-Treatment is a Plus
- Paint Powder Qualities Required for Powder Coating Equipment
- Common Issues of Metallic Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Gun Settings: How It Can Affect Powder Coat Finish
- Turn Key Powder Coating Equipment: Customised Solution for All Powder Coating Needs
- Important Things to Keep in Mind Prior to Ordering Your Powder Coating Oven
- Appearance Issues: What Happens When a Powder Coating Equipment is Already Failing?
- View all articles…
- Powder Coating in Sheet Metal Processing
- Powder Coating for Automotive for Best Finished Results
- View all articles…
- Is It Possible to Powder Coat Chrome Materials?
- Pre-Treatment Process of Materials before Powder Coating
- View all articles…