Aluminium Extrusion Powder Coating ProcessOctober 17, 2016
A strong union is created when extruded aluminium experiences the finishing power of a contemporary powder coating process. The intricately shaped rods have been manufactured according to enhanced engineering guidelines, as dictated by the latest and greatest architectural principles, but they form a companionable amalgam when they're exposed to dry coating technology. In service of this symbiotic relationship, here's a look at the aluminium extrusion powder coating process.
A fixed cross-sectional area defines fence tubing, so the die-shaped extrusion process works well here. Melted billets are shaped and passed over to a post-processing stage, where they're powder treated until the fence panels can properly handle the elements. Once here, the panels are electrostatically charged, coated, cured, and pushed into service, all thanks to a turnkey process that can employ any colour and any textural patina.
Expanding on the Extrusion Principle
It's the thin outlines and application leanings of extruded aluminium that bind it so tightly to powder coating technology. The thin rods and precisely die-cut rails fasten together to create window frames and conservatory enclosures. Just apply a powdery resin loaded with a blanched pigmentation agent or one that cures as a milky-white reflective finish when completing a modern conservatory's outer skin.
Intelligent Thickness Management
Particular attention is placed on the thickness of the curing resin, for the refined profile of the thin rods means everything during the installation stage. Conversely, fencing panels use a slightly thicker layer of melted resin, all the better to really underscore the impact-resistance feature of the fence. Meanwhile, connecting linkages must interlock exactly, so a finer coating is preferred.
Describing the Process
Aluminium extrusion takes place on a workshop floor, but the powder coating station can obviously be situated nearby. As for the formation of the straight rail of lightweight aluminium, this is a linear shaping technique. It uses a die, a special cutting tool that's shaped like the elongated metal product. In effect, the raw material is heated and forced through the cutting opening by a ramming mechanism. It, therefore, assumes the shape of the die, at which point it's cleaned of all manufacturing detritus and transported to the powder finishing equipment.
The aluminium extrusion market is experiencing heavy growth. There are building facades, modular panels, window frames, fences and countless other products that use this manufacturing process, so it surely makes a great deal of sense to partner an environmentally sound and dry coating process with this construction-oriented manufacturing process.
GP Industries Pty Ltd
1 Regal Court,
Vermont South VIC 3133
Phone: (03) 9802 1355
Fax: (03) 9802 6027
20 Burgess Road,
Bayswater North VIC 3153
Phone: (03) 9761 7676
Fax: (03) 9761 7671
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Significance of Particle Size in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- The Differences Between Powder Coating and Electroplating
- Powder Coat Adhesion Testing Process
- Why Is Powder Coating a Sustainable Option?
- Common Reasons for Chipped Powder Coating
- Electrostatic, Low Grade Ion, and Tribo: Charging Processes Used in Powder Coating
- What are the Causes of Outgassing in Powder Coating?
- Powder Coating Contamination and Its Effects on Product Quality
- Understanding the Causes of Craters in Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Booth Temperature: A Factor in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- Powder Coating: A Phosphate Pre-Treatment is a Plus
- Paint Powder Qualities Required for Powder Coating Equipment
- Common Issues of Metallic Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Gun Settings: How It Can Affect Powder Coat Finish
- Turn Key Powder Coating Equipment: Customised Solution for All Powder Coating Needs
- Important Things to Keep in Mind Prior to Ordering Your Powder Coating Oven
- Appearance Issues: What Happens When a Powder Coating Equipment is Already Failing?
- View all articles…
- Powder Coating in Sheet Metal Processing
- Powder Coating for Automotive for Best Finished Results
- View all articles…
- Is It Possible to Powder Coat Chrome Materials?
- Pre-Treatment Process of Materials before Powder Coating
- View all articles…