Beneficial Features of Powder Coating Curing OvensJuly 27, 2018
When their features are stripped away, all that's left is a box that cures powder coated parts. But what if someone has an about-face, a desire to view the trimmings and extra features? In all honesty, there's more to a state-of-the-art curing oven than an aptitude for powder fluidizing and setting. For instance, this block of curing tech is loaded with advanced thermal management features, which invariably ensure consistent results.
Thermal Management Benefits
To call one of these high-performance units an "oven" feels like a misrepresentation. Curing ovens don't cook, they fluidize the pigmented powder until the fine coating is transformed into a molten film. Keeping the temperature absolutely level inside the curing enclosure, the film cools and sets. Digitally enforced thermal tolerances ensure repeatable and consistent results, all while process productivity figures rise.
What about Atmospheric Regulation?
Powder coating ovens apply heat in a very consistent manner. Fueled by gas or powered by electricity, intelligent air convection units distribute the heat and air, which leads to a uniformly dispersed thermal envelope. Meanwhile, the curing cycle begins its second job. A solenoid snaps open, the fans switch to a second mode of operation, and free-floating VOCs are sucked out of the curing oven. Granted, powder coating technology already reduces the production of Volatile Organic Compounds, so the purge cycle is only there ensure the process meets any state-mandated emissions codes.
Pushing the Features List Further
Modern powder coating ovens use refined fuels and energy-efficient power sources. There are cleverly designed heating elements in their walls, plus direct-strike infra-red curing systems. For the very best-in-class appliances, system builders opt for hybrid units, which combine different technologies to ensure maximum thermal dispersal and absorbance. Special steel plates line their inner surfaces. They're mounted to improve the internalised energy envelope. Combined with the digital temperature controls, the cycling fan management system, and the programmable interface, many customisable user configurations can be locked into each oven's feature set.
While the insulated boxes look alike, apart from the dimensions of their cubic curing spaces, they're very different beasts. One unit could be programmed to alter its fan cycle, with another using different melt/setting temperatures. On top of these custom-set features, there are accessories on hand to separate their functions. Different insulation plates are fittable, as are the rail-provided floors that transport the powder treated workpieces. Then there are programmable temperature controllers, thermostats with data recording features, automated doors, and powered atmospheric exhausters to consider. All in all, the beneficial features of a powder coating oven go way beyond thermal aptitude.
GP Industries Pty Ltd
1 Regal Court,
Vermont South VIC 3133
Phone: (03) 9802 1355
Fax: (03) 9802 6027
20 Burgess Road,
Bayswater North VIC 3153
Phone: (03) 9761 7676
Fax: (03) 9761 7671
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Powder Coating Turn-Key Coating Solutions: How Can it Help Manufacturers?
- Safety Measures When Powder Coating Materials
- How to Maintain Powder Coated Surfaces
- Benefits of Powder Coating Anodized Aluminium Extrusions
- Are There Additives Used for Powder Coating?
- Reasons Why Powder Coating Can Bubble, Crack, and Peel Off
- The Importance of Engineering Design in Powder Coating Equipment Manufacturing
- Maintenance Tips for Powder Coated Metals
- Beneficial Features of Powder Coating Curing Ovens
- Benefits of Turnkey Powder Coating Equipment for Businesses
- Purposes of Dry-Off Oven in Powder Coating
- Purposes of Stainless Steel Powder Coating Booths
- Powder Coating Pretreatment Equipment Supplier in Melbourne
- Overhead Conveyor and Turn Key System: Safety and Accuracy in Powder Coating
- Powder Coating for Aluminium Extrusions
- Electrocoating: Understanding How It Really Works
- Improving Uniform Transfer Efficiency of Powder Coating Guns
- What is Batch System in Powder Coating?
- Early Signs of Powder Equipment Fatigue and Breakdown
- Cost Effectiveness of Choosing Powder Coat versus Wet Paint
- Heat Tolerance of Powder Coating: How Much Can It Take?
- Powder Coating Aluminium Extrusions
- Powder Coating in Sheet Metal Processing
- Powder Coating for Automotive for Best Finished Results
- View all articles…
- Is It Possible to Powder Coat Chrome Materials?
- Pre-Treatment Process of Materials before Powder Coating
- View all articles…