The Differences Between Powder Coating and ElectroplatingJuly 18, 2019
Electrostatic fields attract air-carried charged powders until a uniformly coated layer blankets an oppositely charged workpiece. That, in a nutshell, is how powder coating works. Now, electroplating might seem like a similar coating system, but it's really an entirely different process. Right off the bat, plating is done in a wet bath. Powder coating is a dry process. That's a pretty significant difference, and there are others.
Powder Coat Adhesion Testing ProcessJuly 4, 2019
Just to clarify matters, there are ways of testing powder coat adhesion strength. That fact may come as something of a surprise, especially when you remember just how hard it is to part a baked-in coating from its surface, but there are test procedures that are designed to get around such challenges. Fused to a workpiece or not, the testing process measures adhesion integrity most effectively.
Why Is Powder Coating a Sustainable Option?June 17, 2019
Since we understand now how detrimental certain products are to have in our homes, businesses and other parts of our lives, there is a movement toward using more eco-friendly, alternative finishing techniques.
Common Reasons for Chipped Powder CoatingJune 11, 2019
Antiquated painted coatings chip easily, as you'd expect. Unexpectedly, powder coated parts should never chip
Electrostatic, Low Grade Ion, and Tribo: Charging Processes Used in Powder CoatingMay 16, 2019
Generally speaking, powder coating operations utilize electrostatic technology. With the charging process triggered, a negatively charged dry powder exits the gun nozzle.
What are the Causes of Outgassing in Powder Coating?May 1, 2019
Outgassing incidents make process managers feel as if they're living on their last nerve. The curing oven has perfectly fluidized the powder, and those tiny particles are uniformly covering a complex piece of metal-based geometry.
Powder Coating Contamination and Its Effects on Product QualityApril 16, 2019
Durable and attractive when operated as a contamination-free enterprise, powder coating workshops don't fare well when those measures fall through.
Understanding the Causes of Craters in Powder CoatingApril 2, 2019
Of course, craters in powder coated finishes look ugly. The pockmarked surface undermines that aesthetically created skin, plus it destroys what should be an impervious membrane.
Powder Coating Booth Temperature: A Factor in Powder Coating Transfer EfficiencyMarch 19, 2019
When someone talks about the heat, all eyes flick towards the curing oven. Ultimately, that's where the powder fluidizes and hardens, so this kind of reaction is natural enough.
Powder Coating: A Phosphate Pre-Treatment is a PlusMarch 6, 2019
Phosphate pre-treatments take place within separate prep rooms, not among the powder coating equipment. The cleaning and scrubbing work removes oily deposits and built-up grime in here, then the parts priming work is implemented.
Paint Powder Qualities Required for Powder Coating EquipmentFebruary 26, 2019
Each of the particles floating in a dry powder coating cloud contains an exotic mix of chemical reagents. Cemented to a binding agent, there's a heat-amenable plastic.
Common Issues of Metallic Powder CoatingFebruary 14, 2019
Metallic powder coating techniques add a polished glossy shine to workpiece surfaces. A dulled motorcycle exhaust looks factory fresh when it's coated in a chrome-like finish.
Powder Coating Gun Settings: How It Can Affect Powder Coat FinishJanuary 31, 2019
Where's the fingertip controlled leading edge of a powder coating operation located? Does it take place at the oven, where the adhering powder melts? No, although the temperature controlled oven does contribute heavily as a coating quality conferrer, it doesn't actually apply the powder coating.
Turn Key Powder Coating Equipment: Customised Solution for All Powder Coating NeedsJanuary 15, 2019
As a review, turnkey powder coating systems earn that title by including every process-completing piece of machinery. From the powder coating booths and electrostatic power sources to the fluidizing and curing ovens, a full-solution package must include those key application and finishing nodes.
- The Differences Between Powder Coating and Electroplating
- Powder Coat Adhesion Testing Process
- Why Is Powder Coating a Sustainable Option?
- Common Reasons for Chipped Powder Coating
- Electrostatic, Low Grade Ion, and Tribo: Charging Processes Used in Powder Coating
- What are the Causes of Outgassing in Powder Coating?
- Powder Coating Contamination and Its Effects on Product Quality
- Understanding the Causes of Craters in Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Booth Temperature: A Factor in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- Powder Coating: A Phosphate Pre-Treatment is a Plus
- Paint Powder Qualities Required for Powder Coating Equipment
- Common Issues of Metallic Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Gun Settings: How It Can Affect Powder Coat Finish
- Turn Key Powder Coating Equipment: Customised Solution for All Powder Coating Needs
- Important Things to Keep in Mind Prior to Ordering Your Powder Coating Oven
- Appearance Issues: What Happens When a Powder Coating Equipment is Already Failing?
- View all articles…
- Powder Coating in Sheet Metal Processing
- Powder Coating for Automotive for Best Finished Results
- View all articles…
- Is It Possible to Powder Coat Chrome Materials?
- Pre-Treatment Process of Materials before Powder Coating
- View all articles…