Powder Coating Equipment: Best Results without the Need for Liquid PaintsMarch 31, 2016
There's no real desire to attack traditional liquid paints, but the fact remains, powder coating equipment offers versatility, a better workflow, and a superior physical finish when compared with solvent-based coatings. In addition, we've already covered the chip-free features and environmental offerings of the process, but there are other convenient factors to explore, benefits that really drive home the extensive capabilities of the equipment.
Now, while some of these advantages have been touched upon, it's only in bringing the pieces together like a three-dimensional jigsaw puzzle that we see the full picture. The pattern is one born of perspective. For example, powder coating equipment isn't some piecemeal solution, it's a full-on turn-key service, a system where high-end powder distributing reservoirs and guns complement each other alongside production lines. The pigments of a wet-form paint are vaguely functional, but the idea of waiting for paint to dry would be absurd in this productive environment. Instead, the powder coating system is one based on connectivity. A thread of biased charge connects the guns and powder. The thread is electrostatic in nature, designed to uniformly draw the dry powder to the surface of a part, and wholly dependent on the actions of the next stage.
The best results of a production cycle are consistent and repeatable, which is exactly how we classify this finishing process. Parts move on a production line, at which point they're electrostatically bonded. Invested with charge, the powder coating equipment uses field charges, draws the powder, and the production cycle then concludes in a baking-hot oven. Some might arguably say that this is where the real alchemy takes place. The pigments and reagents are released from the dry form to liquefy and create a shell-like coating, sealing the part entirely in a weatherproof, durable, coloured finish that radiates quality. Again, the best results depend on the interplay between these stages, the manner in how each stage feeds into its neighbouring workstation to ensure the equipment is properly utilized. Factors that influence utilization characteristics include the following:
- Charge settings
- Grounding requirementss
- Maintenance of equipment
- Curing work as determined by the oven
- Placement of charging electrodes
Relationships are key in this scenario. The relationship between the powder stream and the charging electrode, for example, is an essential consideration. Next, clean the guns and replace distributing nozzles to guarantee powder flow is uninterrupted. Finally, a professional oven must be continually assessed to ensure curing heat is delivered evenly.
GP Industries Pty Ltd
1 Regal Court,
Vermont South VIC 3133
Phone: (03) 9802 1355
Fax: (03) 9802 6027
20 Burgess Road,
Bayswater North VIC 3153
Phone: (03) 9761 7676
Fax: (03) 9761 7671
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Significance of Particle Size in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- The Differences Between Powder Coating and Electroplating
- Powder Coat Adhesion Testing Process
- Why Is Powder Coating a Sustainable Option?
- Common Reasons for Chipped Powder Coating
- Electrostatic, Low Grade Ion, and Tribo: Charging Processes Used in Powder Coating
- What are the Causes of Outgassing in Powder Coating?
- Powder Coating Contamination and Its Effects on Product Quality
- Understanding the Causes of Craters in Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Booth Temperature: A Factor in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- Powder Coating: A Phosphate Pre-Treatment is a Plus
- Paint Powder Qualities Required for Powder Coating Equipment
- Common Issues of Metallic Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Gun Settings: How It Can Affect Powder Coat Finish
- Turn Key Powder Coating Equipment: Customised Solution for All Powder Coating Needs
- Important Things to Keep in Mind Prior to Ordering Your Powder Coating Oven
- Appearance Issues: What Happens When a Powder Coating Equipment is Already Failing?
- View all articles…
- Powder Coating in Sheet Metal Processing
- Powder Coating for Automotive for Best Finished Results
- View all articles…
- Is It Possible to Powder Coat Chrome Materials?
- Pre-Treatment Process of Materials before Powder Coating
- View all articles…