Powder Coating in Sheet Metal ProcessingDecember 11, 2017
No matter what industry you work in, if your goal is to create a long-lasting and durable product then you've likely begun to consider the power of powder coating. At G.P. Industries Pty Ltd, we believe in the power of industrial strength powder coating equipment. Powder coating brings a litany of advantages to your end product, almost irrespective of the material that your product utilises. Today, we are going to be discussing the impact of powder coating when applied to sheet metal processing.
Sheet Metal Processing
Sheet metal is a common material used in a variety of different industries. From the automobile industry to the professional kitchen at your favourite restaurant, sheet metal can be indispensable. The sheet metal fabrication process is one that looks relatively simple from the head on, but can actually be more difficult once you get involved. Sheet metal processing involves cutting the sheet into the right size, bending or forming it into the proper shape, before joining the parts together and finishing off the material with the proper treatment. Today, we are going to be talking about the impact that powder coating can have on your sheet metal process as a finishing material.
Impact of Powder Coating
Now that we know the general path that sheet metal processing will take we can shift our attention to the focus of today's discussion: powder coating. Powder coating is one of the most popular finishes around the world and that holds true regardless of the industry that you are discussing. Powder coating isn't a common phrase so let's dig in and figure out what it is and how it helps your sheet metal.
Powder coating is an organic, high-grade finish that was first invented back in the 1950s. the goal of powder coating is to offer you a high-quality finish that encourages a range of benefits while slimming down on certain negatives, such as pollution. Let's look at a few of these benefits specifically.
- Operational Cost - With powder coating you are getting a one-and-done coating which covers a larger area with a smaller amount of material. This reduces your energy imprint, your waste production, and your disposal costs.
- Aesthetic Appeal - With powder coating, you have a range of different colours and finishes to choose from. Your product should stand alone while also standing proud.
- Durability - Finally, powder coating is an incredibly durable form of finishing. Thicker than paint, powder coated products can bend as well as yield to scarring and vibration. You will also find that this material is resistant to scratches and scuffing.
GP Industries Pty Ltd
1 Regal Court,
Vermont South VIC 3133
Phone: (03) 9802 1355
Fax: (03) 9802 6027
20 Burgess Road,
Bayswater North VIC 3153
Phone: (03) 9761 7676
Fax: (03) 9761 7671
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Significance of Particle Size in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- The Differences Between Powder Coating and Electroplating
- Powder Coat Adhesion Testing Process
- Why Is Powder Coating a Sustainable Option?
- Common Reasons for Chipped Powder Coating
- Electrostatic, Low Grade Ion, and Tribo: Charging Processes Used in Powder Coating
- What are the Causes of Outgassing in Powder Coating?
- Powder Coating Contamination and Its Effects on Product Quality
- Understanding the Causes of Craters in Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Booth Temperature: A Factor in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- Powder Coating: A Phosphate Pre-Treatment is a Plus
- Paint Powder Qualities Required for Powder Coating Equipment
- Common Issues of Metallic Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Gun Settings: How It Can Affect Powder Coat Finish
- Turn Key Powder Coating Equipment: Customised Solution for All Powder Coating Needs
- Important Things to Keep in Mind Prior to Ordering Your Powder Coating Oven
- Appearance Issues: What Happens When a Powder Coating Equipment is Already Failing?
- View all articles…
- Powder Coating in Sheet Metal Processing
- Powder Coating for Automotive for Best Finished Results
- View all articles…
- Is It Possible to Powder Coat Chrome Materials?
- Pre-Treatment Process of Materials before Powder Coating
- View all articles…