What You Need To Know About Industrial Gas Convection and Infra-Red OvensSeptember 26, 2016
Industrial ovens have different aspirations when they're employed in a powder coating setting. They still radiate immense amounts of thermal energy within their insulated alcoves, but the goal is to cure the resin adhering to a metal part, not to cook an evening meal. In accomplishing this goal, industrial gas convection and infra-red ovens are put to work. These two technologies are intelligently wielded, judiciously applied, and expertly concluded, but what separates them?
Fuel-Based Powder Baking
In talking from a purely economic standpoint, less capital is required when a company invests in a gas convection oven. The propane fuel is relatively affordable, but gas and electricity tariffs need continual assessment as the market shifts. Otherwise, it's time to move on to functional variations. Again, the convection model does have advantages when geometrical complexity is an issue, for hot air currents swiftly transmit heat throughout intricate objects. Of course, the flipside of this benefit carries some hefty drawbacks. Gas-powered ovens take ages to cool, so maintenance is a problem, as is the large carbon footprint.
Energy-Efficient Infra-Red Heating Systems
Solid-state circuitry and contemporary heat transmission technology imbues the powder coating process with speed, which is a much-needed asset when a turnkey service is being promoted. Additionally, the highly-controllable IR lamps radiate heat at a consistent intensity, so an even beam of thermal energy is sure to cure the coated part. One drawback, though, is the fact that this is a line-of-sight system, a technology that requires surface exposure if the part is to melt, flow, and cure properly. Fortunately, there are ways around this system handicap.
Buying Into Composite Curing Systems
Noxious fumes and a large carbon footprint place a big hit on gas ovens, but then an infra-red unit chews exorbitant quantities of electricity, so it has its own inefficiency issues. Meanwhile, manufacturers are solving all of these obstacles by blending these two heating solutions into one form. Fast start up times then partner with reduced emissions to create cleaner combustion. Additionally, the star of the show is still the banks of infra-red lamps, but the obscured geometry issue is solved thanks to the convection effect introduced by the gas-fired stage.
A propane burner feeds hot air via a series of blowers when gas convection gets to work. Meanwhile, the composite equipment directs infra-red energy straight to the surface of the part, pushing the surface temperature of the part to approximately 200°C. Uniform distribution of thermal energy is quickly realized thanks to both heating mechanisms, and the powder coating process concludes in a timely manner.
GP Industries Pty Ltd
1 Regal Court,
Vermont South VIC 3133
Phone: (03) 9802 1355
Fax: (03) 9802 6027
20 Burgess Road,
Bayswater North VIC 3153
Phone: (03) 9761 7676
Fax: (03) 9761 7671
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- How the Right Powder Coating Equipment and Powder Coating Application Can Help Avert Corrosion and Rust
- The Benefits of Powder Coating in Metal Fabrication
- How Magnetic Induction Method Measure Powder Coating Thickness
- Overcoming the Faraday Cage Effect in Powder Coating Application
- The Significance of Particle Size in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- The Differences Between Powder Coating and Electroplating
- Powder Coat Adhesion Testing Process
- Why Is Powder Coating a Sustainable Option?
- Common Reasons for Chipped Powder Coating
- Electrostatic, Low Grade Ion, and Tribo: Charging Processes Used in Powder Coating
- What are the Causes of Outgassing in Powder Coating?
- Powder Coating Contamination and Its Effects on Product Quality
- Understanding the Causes of Craters in Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Booth Temperature: A Factor in Powder Coating Transfer Efficiency
- Powder Coating: A Phosphate Pre-Treatment is a Plus
- Paint Powder Qualities Required for Powder Coating Equipment
- Common Issues of Metallic Powder Coating
- Powder Coating Gun Settings: How It Can Affect Powder Coat Finish
- Turn Key Powder Coating Equipment: Customised Solution for All Powder Coating Needs
- Important Things to Keep in Mind Prior to Ordering Your Powder Coating Oven
- Appearance Issues: What Happens When a Powder Coating Equipment is Already Failing?
- View all articles…
- Powder Coating in Sheet Metal Processing
- Powder Coating for Automotive for Best Finished Results
- View all articles…
- Is It Possible to Powder Coat Chrome Materials?
- Pre-Treatment Process of Materials before Powder Coating
- View all articles…